[Adonthell-general] Website updates

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Website updates
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:48:42 +0200

I made a few updates to the website during the last days. First of all,
the newslist is divided into pages again. Eight news items are displayed
per page. That was really necessary.

The other change also concerns the news. The logs show that the overview
page has about 150 hits per day. (After all, that's the site you reach
when going to adonthell.linuxgames.com. The news page has only about 20.
So I thought it would be a good idea to add the most recent news to the
overview page as well.

So as of now, the first sentence of the first 2 newsitems is displayed
on the overview page, with a link to the actual newsitem. So if you
write a newsitem, make sure the first sentence stops with either a '.',
'!', '?' or ':' and makes at least a little sense ;). Note that HTML
tags are stripped.

I chose not to use the headline for that purpose, because it is often
too unspecific.

I hope that's okay. Go to http://adonthell.linuxgames.com to see how it
looks like.