Re: [Adonthell-general] next chapter of plot guidelines

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] next chapter of plot guidelines
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:22:42 +0200

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:33:36 +0200 Benjamin Walther-Franks wrote:

> Thanks Sasha, but Kai has already figured out a way to include ps
> files created by the dot tool to be included in Latex, it's just that
> I need to get my lazy ass up to figure it out on my win machine...
> Also, the problem is we're both using pdflatex that doesn't normally
> take ps, but it is possible (see Kai's excellent plot docu!)

Shouldn't be that hard: first make sure your .ps images have a correct
bounding box. Look for a tool called ps2eps if they haven't. Once they
are fine, you'll need epstopdf to do the conversion. For windows, there
is an epstopdf.exe (for Linux, it's a little perl script). See here for
example:

    http://ftp.agh.edu.pl/pub/tex/support/epstopdf/

>From there you'll have to possibilities:

Either you get the epstopdf.sty and /usepackage{epstopdf}. In that case
you can just /includegraphics{image.eps}.
See
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/TeX/macros/latex/contrib/supported/oberdiek/
for the file.

Or you convert your .eps files manually and just
/includegraphics{image.pdf} afterwards. But for me, the first
alternative worked better.

One more thing. I think epstopdf relies on ghostscript, so you'll need
that as well. Then all that remains is setting up your paths so that
everything can be found when needed. There should be plenty more info
available on the web, if you run into any problems.