Re: [Adonthell-general] 0.3.3 ready?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] 0.3.3 ready?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:25:43 +0200

> I read a bit in the game tome forums, and there people complained that
> a lot of linux games are actually engines, but no complete games.
> Waste's Edge isn't a huge game, but it's complete, so let's tell
> people!

You're right, annoucing properly is very important. And so far we
haven't been good at this. So this time let's control who announce where
and what. We have these places available as a tribune:

-Our annoucement ML (which hasn't served since february and 0.3.0)
-Our website
-Linuxgames.com
-Happypenguin.org
-Savannah
-Sourceforge (hey, after all, they didn't want to fire us, so... :))
-Freshmeat
-Some newsgroups? I especially think about comp.os.linux.announce
(guidelines here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=28kc7d%24bar%40samba.oit.unc.edu&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain)
Most mags read newsgroups to know what's hot and new, that's much more
convenient than having to browse websites.
-Some I forgot? (probably many)

We have to decide of a text that will be used everywhere. Then split the
list of announcement points between two or three people. How does that
sound?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org