Re: [Adonthell-general] Text for Flipcode's image of the day

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Text for Flipcode's image of the day
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:01:54 +0200

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:06:54 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> I'm about to submit a screenshot of WE for Flipcode's image of the
> day. The image must come with a description text (which is as
> important as, if not more than, the image itself), so I'm querying you
> about it. Flipcode is a developers site, not necessarily (but quite a
> lot anyway) Windows oriented.

And also much into 3D, isn't it? OTOH, it wouldn't hurt :). If they post
a news bit about the 0.3.3 release, there seems to be some interest at
least.

> I think our text should include:
> -The specifics of the current engine (Python scripting, availability
> for Windows, GNU/Linux, etc.)
> -The fact that we are working with GNU tools for development, no
> matter the system,
> -The usual speech about the diversity of the team (we have gfx artists
> and a musician, weeee!),
> -Future features of the engine like network game, higher resolution,
> etc. In short, "Next release will suck less ;)", not that WE sucks,
> but a few things can shock, like the 320x200 resolution. We must made
> it clear that these little drawbacks we currently have will change.

Good points. We also shouldn't forget the usual "we're constantly
looking for ..." bit. After all, this is a developer site!

> Any other idea, or proposal of text? I'm too busy today to write it
> right now, if we can submit the image this weekend it would be fine.

Yeah. Should you really lack the time, I could give a hand. But I also
want to do some v0.4 plot work, and I fear my weekend will be quite busy
too.

Apropos weekend: it's IRC meeting time once more! Sunday, 15:00 GMT,
irc.openprojects.net, #adonthell. Everybody welcome!