Re: [Adonthell-general] Linuxgames.com popups

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Linuxgames.com popups
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:03:15 +0000

Yeah, I've often wondered that. I mean sure, Linuxgames/UGO/Telefragged
(whatever their real name is) need ads to make money so they can provide
for our site but I would have thought they and, more importantly, the
companies advertising want to make a good impression on their customers.
And after spam email and flash-intros, pop-ups must be one of the most
unpopular aspects of the net.
They could probably charge whatever they charge for all pop-ups in one
site together for just one at the start coz that ad would just be that
much more effective. Maybe we should suggest as much to them
sometime....

        -James