Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game programming contest
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:59:42 +0100

> While the deadline is really hard (especially considering that we all
> have no time at all right now), it would still be great if we could
> compete (the other projects won't be too good if they are done within
> 3 months). We could just try to build something 'new' with the
> existing engine. For exmple I think once we talked about small puzzle
> games we wanted to incorperate into the final release. Would it be
> possible to do one of these? The possibility of some puplicity (or
> even a price?) is just too good (it is really bad that they have to do
> the contest during exams!!!)...

Possible, yes, worth, I don't know. 0.3 is so rigid in some aspects it
should be forbidden to use it! ;) Remember what a pain it was to design
the map? (well, *I* remember, you guys probably remember my complains!
^_^;). As Kai said, it'd take time, and although the prices are
appealing I for myself prefer to advance on 0.4.

> PS: How far is 0.4 ? I still remember the jump map. Couldn't we do
> someting Donkey Kong like with that engine?

Hardly! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org