Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game programming contest
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:56:43 +0100

Hi Everybody!

This is all graet news! Now could anyone give me an update on the exact scedule
(I suppose we will have to make one, yet).

Let us just quickly decide on all the things we want to add / change / improve
(do I get the point when I think we will use an improved version of waste's
edge?):

- I could do the translation into German (I already mailed the others who
started it but they have not responded, yet). Could you ask them again Kai?
- as far as fonts are concerned I just saw an article on  /. about some new
fonts that are being released under an OS-Licence
- how can we report on the website (and maybe even Linuxgames.com) about the
contest, and Adonthell's role in it
- which other improvements could be made (I know that Ben was planning a new
Logo, I really liked the rough drafts)
- will we add any new features? If yes, then what? ('fake' item system for more
interactivity?)
- how can we present multiplatform capabilities? Alex could bring his Zaurus,
and X86 should not be a problem either, how about Alpha and PPC (And the Apple,
Win$h!t and BeOS versions)? Will they have enough PCs to show it, or will we
have to borrow some from friends?
- anything else you can think of?

Nils