Re: [Adonthell-general] Docs for Translations...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Docs for Translations...
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:37:21 +0100

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:07:33 +0300 Sasha Kushnirenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There was a discussion about translations.  As I started to look into
> russian translation I wrote a little web page which have step by step
> instruction how to get you favorite language into the game (well there
> is a step which include translation of about 1000 lines - but I bet
> you can handle it :)
>
> If any of this will be useful for experts who work on adonthell
> translation documentation - please feel free to use.
>
> http://oka08.ihep.su/adonthell/i18n/

Really cool! Just one little addition: dlgedit allows to import .mo
files to display the translated dialogue. I.e. if you've translated
(part of) Talan's dialogue, you open that in dlgedit and load your
translation, giving you Talan in russian, or whatever language your .mo
file is. Editing is disabled while previewing translations, but at least
you can easily spot the problems, like things not really fitting
together.

Oh, would mind if I would integrate this i18n doc into the main website
(development section?). Otherwise I'd just put a link to it, which will
also be fine. Whatever you prefer :).