Re: [Adonthell-general] Translations?

From: Josh Glover
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Translations?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:42:52 -0500

Quoth Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden>:

> Actually... this is already the way translations work :) There is a
> huge .pot file containing all the texts of the game and
> placeholders to put the translations. Once the translator has done
> that, he send us the file back, we include it in the next distribution,
> and the appropriate language is chosen when the game is started
> according the the user's settings.
>
> AFAIK there are people working on the French and German
> translations. The French one should be ready in not-so-long. :)

I think that is my call-to-action, then. It is about bloody time that I did
some more work on Adonthell, and my schedule in this (my final) semester is
noticably lighter than before. I will begin the Japanese translation. Do not
expect immediate (or perfect) results, but at least I will start.

Does the Adonthell engine support Unicode now? Are we using Unicode to
display CJK (Chinese / Japanese / Korean)?

Anyway, if someone can point me to the details on how the translations work,
I will be happy to get started.

-- Josh "Rumours of my demise have been grossly exaggerated" Glover

--
Josh Glover <address@hidden>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.
http://www.incogen.com/

GPG keyID 0x62386967 (7479 1A7A 46E6 041D 67AE  2546 A867 DBB1 6238 6967)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 62386967