[Adonthell-general] 0.4 mini demo....

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-general] 0.4 mini demo....
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:18:28 +0000

I've been wondering if we could perhaps put together a demo/test map for
0.4.
What I mean is, we could make the gfx and map for a small part of 0.4
(perhaps just a small house from waste's edge or something like that)
for testing what we have so far.

This would let us artists practise making 0.4 gfx. That in turn might
highlight some problems (you never know, there might be some. Some of
our ideas that sound good in theory might turn out to be rubbish in
practise or we might discover things we just hadn't thought about yet)
with the way we plan to organise and name our gfx and stuff like that.
This will in turn help us when writing the gfx dox.

It will probably help the coders too since we can already start looking
for bugs'n'stuff. Also we can begin testing the editors too.

How much 0.4 code do we have at the moment? What already works (if
anything?) and how long do you recon before we could make a little house
for the player to walk (and jump :P) around in?

        -James

--

         Reg. Linux User #148821
    http://event-horizon.kicks-ass.net/