[Adonthell-general] Cutscenes

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Cutscenes
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:48:59 +0000

Just a few thoughts on cutscenes for 0.4 and onwards...

Is it worth having some kind of directory structure for cutscenes?
Perhaps something like:

cutscenes/

  +-- scene_abc/

  +-- scene_xyz/

  +-- ...

  +-- common/

Where each cutscene has it's own directory with all gfx, scripts, sounds
etc. And a 'common' directory for any gfx/sounds that more than one
scene share (to avoid duplication of files).

Then perhaps there could be a standard way of starting cutscenes coz
then when we're developing cutscenes we could just run them on their own
without needing to play through the game to get to wherever the scene
appears. As the game gets bigger and bigger I recon that will become
quite useful.

Perhaps there could be a cutscene player utility to make this easier.

I dunno if any of this is possible but, well, it's just an idea!

        -James
--

         Reg. Linux User #148821
    http://event-horizon.kicks-ass.net/