Re: [Adonthell-general] Resigning from list

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Resigning from list
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:57:51 -0500 (CDT)

Oops. I though I postponed that message, when in fact it got sent. Silly
me.

Doug (and others who might feel the way he did),

When I said 'outsiders' I meant folks who only visit the website - folks
who know about the project, but show only the most passing interest.. If
you're on the list, I would say that you're inside, not out. The key is
finding something fou want to do.

If you think it might be useful - or fun and useful - even if its
usefulness comes months or years down the road, put it up for
consideration. Just go with it. I'm sure some of you have heard of benign
despotism in the context of OSD. To my knowledge, it doesn't work that way
here. We're more democratic than that. For example, and I think I may turn
this next idea into another piece of plot/dev documentation, my piece on
the Origins of the Dwarves went through about three or maybe even four
drafts. I kept them all, so I may do a piece here soon about how I produce
one of my plot or character essays.

I'll keep you posted.

Andrew

--