Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: Couple of links perhaps you need to add into

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: Couple of links perhaps you need to add into your dependancy matrix
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 02:29:37 +0530

In-line :-

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 02:02, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

<snipped>

> Corrected the link and added the names of the debian package names.
> Thanks for pointing those out. Not sure about libiconv though. If at
> all, it would be libc-dev-bin.

In that case, its already installed. You should also correct that,
might have corrected.

> As for the download size, I guess it vastly depends whether a system
> has already been used for development or not. Isn't really surprising,
> though. Long gone are the days where a whole OS + applications could
> fit on a floppy disk or two.

True.

> On the bright side, being able to rely on all these dependencies
> enables us to write Adonthell in the first place. Progress is slow
> enough as it is, but at least we don't have to worry about
> implementing low level graphics or sound, a scripting language and
> many other bits and pieces that each would eat valuable time.

True as well. While the other first two repos were really fast to
clone, the third one seems to be a bit lame, perhaps lot of small
files or something ?

I am sure that there is a way to know more as to how many files are
being downloaded (apart from bytes) to see how things are going but
then no git expert here.

Would chime in in case if I do stuck while compiling.

Other than that, best of luck for the project.