Re: [Adonthell-general] something about 'whitespace following trailing b

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] something about 'whitespace following trailing backslash' while doing ./autogen.sh in adonthell-tools and then can't make.
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:55:35 +0900

Hi Shirish,

please see below.

> desktop/Makefile.am:11: whitespace following trailing backslash

That's easily fixed. Just remove the whitespace at the end of line 11
of desktop/Makefile.am. Guess that escaped my notice, but I believe it
is no big deal. Certainly not related to the issue below:

> libtool: link: ar cru .libs/_gtk.a  _gtk_la-gfx_gtk.o
> _gtk_la-screen_gtk.o _gtk_la-surface_gtk.o
> libtool: link: ranlib .libs/_gtk.a
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libxml2.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libxml2.la' is not a valid libtool archive

I think I faced the same problem after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04, but
can't remember now what I did to resolve it. Will have to check after
my vacation. Might be caused by old build artifacts lying around, so
deleting the old build directory and creating it fresh might help.