Re: [Adonthell-general] something about 'whitespace following trailing b

From: Chris Frey
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] something about 'whitespace following trailing backslash' while doing ./autogen.sh in adonthell-tools and then can't make.
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:26:22 -0400

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:36:24AM +0530, shirish ??????????????? wrote:
> > I was hoping to see some non-adonthell files, but are there any
> > ancient .la files in there?
>
> How do I figure which ones are 'ancient' and how ? by date ?
> All the files in /usr/local/lib are of 2012-06-24.

Yeah, by date.  If they are all the same date, then they were all
recent installs.

Are the .la files in the subdirectories all the same date?

> > Also, if you grep them, which ones reference libxml2? ??And how old
> > are they?
>
> I don't understand this question.

        grep libxml2 /usr/local/lib/*.la

And similarly for the subdirectories you mentioned.

> > Would you be willing to do a purge of all .la files from /usr/local
> > and a fresh build?
>
> I can purge all .la files from /usr/local/lib and its subdirectories,
> yes. There aren't any other .la files that I know of.
>
> If you know of any command which will grep and remove all .la files
> from /usr/local/ please lemme know.
>
> My shell fu is not that strong.

That's ok.  I was assuming there were some old files kicking around,
but it doesn't sound like it.  Anyway, you can remove those old
.la files with:

        rm /usr/local/lib/*.la

- Chris