Re: [Adonthell-general] something about 'whitespace following trailing b

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] something about 'whitespace following trailing backslash' while doing ./autogen.sh in adonthell-tools and then can't make.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 01:10:55 +0530

in-line :-

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Shirish,

Hi Kai,
        Sorry for the delay in responding.

> please see below.
>

>> desktop/Makefile.am:11: whitespace following trailing backslash
>
> That's easily fixed. Just remove the whitespace at the end of line 11
> of desktop/Makefile.am. Guess that escaped my notice, but I believe it
> is no big deal. Certainly not related to the issue below:

done.

>> libtool: link: ar cru .libs/_gtk.a  _gtk_la-gfx_gtk.o
>> _gtk_la-screen_gtk.o _gtk_la-surface_gtk.o
>> libtool: link: ranlib .libs/_gtk.a
>> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libxml2.la: No such file or directory
>> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libxml2.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>
> I think I faced the same problem after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04, but
> can't remember now what I did to resolve it. Will have to check after
> my vacation. Might be caused by old build artifacts lying around, so
> deleting the old build directory and creating it fresh might help.

I *always* make a new build directory. I do use ccache however but it
should not affect no ?

$ which gcc
/usr/local/bin/gcc

$ ll /usr/local/bin/gcc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 6 2011-08-31 10:57 /usr/local/bin/gcc -> ccache

FWIW's I did delete and made a new adonthell-tools-build directory and
re-tried compiling and again came with the same error.

I don't wanna disturb you during the holidays and it's nothing urgent
but needs to be known/put on record hence putting it up.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल