Re: [Adonthell-general] Testing the installation

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Testing the installation
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:26:45 +0100

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM, shirish शिरीष <address@hidden> wrote:
> at bottom :-
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
>> The command look right. What's odd is that you do not seem to get any
>> error messages?
>>
>> In that case, the only thing left to do is debug, i.e.
>>
>> gdb  ./worldtest -g
>> run -g ../../adonthell/test data
>> bt

> running into problems right here :-
>
> $ gdb ./worldtest -g
> gdb: unrecognized option '-g'
> Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.
>
> I tried to see if a -g option was there either in the manpage or in
> gdb --help but didn't find it.

Sorry, my fault. -g should be gone from the first line, but needs to
be present after run in the next line. That is correct:

gdb  ./worldtest
run -g ../../adonthell/test data

> [Inferior 1 (process 24182) exited with code 01]

I didn't even crash, just exit. And as far as I can tell from a quick
look over the code, whenever it exists with code 1, it should log
something with highest log level.

You can try

GLOG_minloglevel=0 ./worldtest -g ../../adonthell/test data

and see if that yields any output. Also, see if

./worldtest -h

or

./worldtest -v

show anything at all.