Re: [aspell] still on aspell + dec-alpha

From: Maurizio Loreti
Subject: Re: [aspell] still on aspell + dec-alpha
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:46:23 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> I will amend that.  It is standard in most parts except the library
> calls.  I think your best bet to getting this working is to recompile gcc
> with -fsquangle.  See http://gcc.gnu.org/fom_serv/cache/41.html.

That would mean I have to recompile all the libraries, both the ones
coming with gcc and the ones developed by our team to analyze physical
data; sorry, this is just not feasible.  Our primary task is to do
physical research, not to test aspell; and I cannot tell to my users "you
have to recompile whataver object file/library/executable needing a shared
library/shared library you happen to use/need".

--
Maurizio Loreti                         http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html
Univ. of Padova, Dept. of Physics - Padova, Italy            address@hidden