Re: [aspell] Install the german dictionary onto Aspell

From: Björn Jacke
Subject: Re: [aspell] Install the german dictionary onto Aspell
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:57:08 +0100

On 2001-01-23 at 05:48 -0500 Kevin Atkinson sent off:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Björn Jacke wrote:
>
> > you need to install it at least for installation of the dictionary.
>
> That is stupid.  If you are worried about space of the downloaded file why
> don't you use my word-list-compress utility?

I don't mind about the space of downloaded files but I can't see a
reason for maintaining two different versions if affix decompression can
be achived by a few pipes.

> > Kevin, is affix compression coming soon?
>
> You know how I stand on this issue from previous posts and I do not wish
> to repeat my self.  If you wish to remind yourself simply search the
> aspell archive for "affix compression".

yes I also had a thead (not on the list) with you where you had concrete
plans on implementing it.

--
Björn Jacke ·  E-Mail: address@hidden
SuSE GmbH   ·  Schanzäckerstr. 10  ·  90443 Nürnberg  ·  Germany