Re: [pspell-user] aspell vs. ispell

From: Jeff Mace
Subject: Re: [pspell-user] aspell vs. ispell
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:29:40 -0400 (EDT)

I found the problem with it saying everything is misspelled.  It was
something I was doing.  Funny how "\nthe" doesn't equal "the" ;-).

I have tried to set config to use ispell.  After the call the error number
is 0 so that tells me that it didn't have a problem with what I want.
Here is a bit of the code I am using.

        fprintf(stderr, "start config\n");
        config = new_pspell_config();
fprintf(stderr, "made config\n");
        pspell_config_replace(config, "language-tag", "en");
        pspell_config_replace(config, "add-word-list-path",
"/usr/local2/share/pspell/");
         pspell_config_replace(config, "module", "ispell");
         pspell_config_replace(config, "spelling", "english");

        ret = new_pspell_manager(config);
         checker = 0;
         if (pspell_error_number(ret) != 0) {
                        fprintf(stderr, "%s\n",
pspell_error_message(ret));
                        fprintf(stderr, "error message area\n");
         } else {
                        checker = to_pspell_manager(ret);
        }

That is pretty much straight out of the manual.  Do you see anything wrong
there?  Thanks for your help.

Jeff Mace
Advanced Information Technologies
Center for Academic Computing