Re: [Aspell-user] aspell in Win 2000

From: Thorsten Maerz
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell in Win 2000
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:35:22 +0100

Hi Piotr,

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:49:00 +0100 address@hidden (Piotr Kopszak) wrote:

> [..] using win  2000 [...]
> The problem is  how to  change the code  page of  the dos console  and, if
> possible not  change the system  locale.

Changing the codepage needs two steps:
1. When the console is open, click on the system menu (top/left), choose
   "preferences", switch to "fonts" and change it to "lucida console".
   Close it and choose to store this setting in the link.
2. Now you can switch the codepage using "chcp", e.g. use "chcp 1252"
   to use latin1 windows encoding (I don't remember where I saw a list
   of encodings in the msdn lib, so please take a look on your own).
   IIRC, 1250 (latin2) would be needed for polish characters.

Also note, that Win9x/me is incapable of choosing different console
fonts, so this works on NT (or above) only.

Btw, this is also stated the manual that comes with the installer
(2.5.6.6. win32/consoles).

HTH,
--
Thorsten Maerz          <address@hidden>