Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell-en-0.51-0 install problem

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell-en-0.51-0 install problem
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:19:40 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Maurice Rickard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've run into what seems like a strange install problem, but it's possible
> that I'm overlooking something obvious.  I've been able to install both
> Aspell and aspell-en successfully on Mac OS X (on my own machine), but I'm
> having problems doing this on a shared FreeBSD host.  I'd vastly appreciate
> anyone's insights on this.
>
> As it's a shared host, I don't have access to /usr/local, and I've instead
> been installing in /usr/home/USERNAME.  Two problems result from this: even
> though I've config'ed with this:
>
> ./configure --vars ASPELL=/usr/home/USERNAME/lib
> WORD_LIST_COMPRESS=/use/r/home/USERNAME/share/aspell

You are making this more complicated than necessary.  Just add
/usr/home/USERNAME/bin to your path.  The configure script will then find
the paths automatically.  If you don't want to do that than set the above
too /usr/home/USERNAME/bin/{aspell,word-list-compress}.  As a third option
you can use

  ./configure --vars PATH=/usr/home/USERNAME/bin:$PATH

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org