Re: [Aspell-user] Wordlist problem

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Wordlist problem
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 07:43:55 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike P" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 12:43 AM
Subject: [Aspell-user] Wordlist problem

> if (aspell_error_number(possible_err) != 0 )
>   { ... }
>
>   is returning an error, when converted to string says no
wordlists can  be found for language en_US. I installed the
aspell-devel stuff,  installed the english dictionary.. I have
everything compileing.. I  just need to know which file to stick
into which folder so my exe can  see the wordlist.

>   My gameGUI is seriously starting to become badass, screenshot
can be  viewed at http://roe.teathree.net/leetconsole.png - i
figured aspell  would be a pretty gnarly thing to add to a
gamegui.

>   Help on this wordlist problem would be very much appreciated,
>   thanks

Hi Mike,

I had the same type of problem. You didn't say what your os is.
Since you have an exe, I assume that you use Windows. You didn't
mention which version of the Aspell source you are using. In the
CVS I believe some code of mine was accepted which changes the
default data and dictionary directories to be relative to the
executables directory. Take a look at dirs.h and see if you have
something like this:
#ifndef dirs_h
#define dirs_h

#ifdef WIN32_USE_EXECUTABLE_DIR
# define DATA_DIR "<prefix/data-subdir>"
# define CONF_DIR "<prefix>"
# define DICT_DIR "<prefix/dict-subdir>"
# define PREFIX "!prefix"
#else
# define DATA_DIR "aspell-win32/data"
# define CONF_DIR "aspell-win32"
# define DICT_DIR "dicts"
# define PREFIX "aspell-win32"
#endif

#endif
See the common/config.cpp module to see how the above macro defs
fit into the system for defining data/dictionary directories.

You can also see the results of my efforts here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary

Best of luck with Aspell and your game.

Gary Setter