[Aspell-user] GPL language library o.k.?

From: Ethan Bradford
Subject: [Aspell-user] GPL language library o.k.?
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:30:01 -0700

The data I'm starting with for Arabic is GPL, not LGPL, and the original author is reluctant to change that.  I believe that means that the Arabic Aspell files I produce from that data will be covered under GPL, though I'm not clear on what happens to copyright when data is chewed up by a program and spat out again in a totally different form.

So is it o.k. to have a language covered under GPL, Kevin?