Re: [Aspell-user] create master loses the last letter of each word

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] create master loses the last letter of each word
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:11:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Gabriel Farrell wrote:

[reposting with a new subject line, as per Gary Setter's suggestion.]

I'm trying to create a master list.

   $ echo 'bob mike janus' > wl.txt
   $ aspell --lang=en create master ./dict.rws < wl.txt
   Warning: The word "bob mike janus" is invalid. The character ' ' (U+20)
   may not appear in the middle of a word. Skipping word.
   Segmentation fault

If I edit the file and separate each word with a newline, I get:

   $ aspell --lang=en create master ./dict.rws < wl.txt
   $ aspell dump master ./dict.rws
   bo
   mik
   janu

As you can see, the last letter in each word is cut off.

I am fairly sure this is due to a bug in "dump master" (which I believe I fixed in the 0.60 branch on CVS). Try checking a document with those words in it or use "aspell -a":

  $ aspell -a
  @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.3)
  correct
  *

  incorrrecct
  & incorrrecct 6 0: incorrect, incorrectly, uncorrected, indirect, incurred,
interact