[Aspell-user] problems installing

From: Gerhard Bachmann
Subject: [Aspell-user] problems installing
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:57:19 +0200

Hi there,

I am new to aspell and have very little experience with installing applications using comand line. I followed instruction, but the ./configure && make is not working. Can somebody tell me how I can get the installation done?

Thanks,
Gerhard

The output in the terminal window is:

checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

--
Gerhard Bachmann

Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität
Institut für Psychologie
-Arbeitsbereich Pädagogische Psychologie-
Senckenberganlage 15
60325 Frankfurt/Main
Tel: 069 /798 - 28243
E-Mail: address@hidden