ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: [Ayttm-commits] CVS: ayttm/modules/msn2/libmsn2 ms

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: [Ayttm-commits] CVS: ayttm/modules/msn2/libmsn2 msn_bittybits.C,1.8,1.9
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:13:05 +0530 (IST)

On 25 Mar 2003, Edward L. Haletky wrote:

> In libproxy someone added code to an interface that resides in ayttm/src
> instead of ayttm/libproxy. This interface is exposed via tcp_utils.[ch].
> It is the ay_socket_new_async interface. I think that libproxy should
> NOT depend upon AYTTM in order to work.

well, libproxy is really not a lib.  it's linked into the core at link
time.

> THere are several reasons for this but the main one is that proxy is
> proxy. AYTTM is AYTTM and I do not think that we want an AYTTM
> specific routine in a library used for other purposes. In addition
> this really does break a number of items when you have a lower level
> interface dependent upon a higher level one.

not sure i understand this.  that's the way service modules call
services in the core.  all service modules are dependent on interfaces
exported by the core.  libproxy shouldn't be dependent on how it should
do socket connects, only on what should go over those sockets.

socket implementations are different on different platforms, so need to
be handled elsewhere.

Philip

--
QOTD:
        "My life is a soap opera, but who gets the movie rights?"