ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: [Ayttm-commits] CVS: ayttm/modules/msn2/libmsn2 ms

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: [Ayttm-commits] CVS: ayttm/modules/msn2/libmsn2 msn_bittybits.C,1.8,1.9
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:55:15 +0100

On 25 Mar 2003 at 07h34, Edward L. Haletky wrote:

Hi,

> In libproxy someone added code to an interface that resides in ayttm/src
> instead of ayttm/libproxy.

Yes me :)
> This interface is exposed via tcp_utils.[ch].
> It is the ay_socket_new_async interface. I think that libproxy should
> NOT depend upon AYTTM in order to work.

> THere are several reasons for this but the main one is that proxy is
> proxy. AYTTM is AYTTM and I do not think that we want an AYTTM specific
> routine in a library used for other purposes. In addition this really
> does break a number of items when you have a lower level interface
> dependent upon a higher level one.
>
> Shall I fix this or somehow work around it as MINGW32 really dislikes a
> lower level library calling the higher level one.

Your points are very valid but it does work and I do want async connect :)
Still, maybe copying the tcp_util files to libproxy would be better, but I
don't really think (with the drawback of having to change two files each
time)...

--
Colin
http://www.nongnu.org/ayttm/ : Chat with your friends