Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:08:21 +0200

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:06:03 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Leslie Polzer wrote:
> > That's alright; I guessed you are quite busy at the moment.
>
> Well, I just beat the new Zelda, so maybe I'll have a bit more time now.  ;)
lol

> It might be wise to change it.  I imagine it would be nice to allow
> users to change the colors.
They could do that with 0-255 too :)

> I propose we come up with categories of keywords that we label lines
> with in the syntax file and in the GUI, we can say, "What color do you
> want operators to be?"
I tried to put a comment in front of each file but fscanf() (or maybe rather
my programming self) had problems with it so I postponed it.
XML might be nice in general.

> So...  a quick stab at categories:
> operators
> preprocessor directives
> language keywords
> system library keywords
> "derived" keywords -- things like GtkWidget
> comments
> strings
> characters
>
> What else?
What do you mean by characters?

> > Why?
>
> I'm not sure, thinking about it.  :)  Wouldn't it be easier, though?  I
> mean, you can go back and forth at will.  Wereas if you want to do that
> with scanf, you would end up saving the whole buffer anyway, doing what
> this call would do.  Despite how it sounds, I'm not married to the idea
> though.  ;)
Oh well - I guess we can discuss this when the core of the engine works.

Leslie