Re: [Beaver-devel] Patches

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Patches
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:52:55 -0400

Stephen Depooter wrote:
I think that a new file that has not been touched, should not be marked
as modified.  However, it should not prevent the user from saving it as
it is, a blank file.
I can live with the file being marked as modified as long as when I
click save the first time or click close etc, since I haven't specified
any preference for a file name, the Save As dialog appears asking for me
to specify a filename.  Currently, in beaver, in either case, the file
is just saved with it's default name Untitled#<n>.  In any other text
editor I have used, if you have not specified the name yet, instead of
saving as the default name, the user is prompted for a name.

Whoah. You're right. It didn't use to do that. This is a bug, which I'll fix soon.

-mt