bontz-team

[Bontz-team] smpeg libs

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] smpeg libs
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

i forgot to mention this at the time, but when I
grabbed the smpeg libraries, I was kinda dumb and
didn't use the -d option with cvs, and somehow that
meant I didn't check out some definitely non-empty
dirs as well.  so i had trouble building.  Granted,
that's not our fault, and the smpeg folks should
provide tarballs instead of only cvs (and they should
make sure a normal cvs checkout works) but we should
keep an eye on that for the troubleshooting
documentation or something, or maybe include the smpeg
libs ourselves?  not sure how we want to handle
dependancies.  I guess there's nothing stopping us
from distributing a ready-to-build tarball of smpeg
ourselves, we'll probably link to sdl-mixer and all
those anyway, but as is the case with most of my posts
here, I thought I'd throw the thought out there and
see if anyone has something more intelligent to say
about it.  :^)