cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 00:25:31 +0000 (UTC)

Werner mostly already told you what you need to know already: most of the
online docs are outdated. If you use current TeXLive, it should  just work
without you messing with cybercjk/cyberbit; the arphic fonts
(gkai/gbsn/bsmi/bkai) should be sufficient for your needs.

Yes, it is true that psfrag does not work nice with pdflatex - so you are stuck
with plain latex/dvips/ps2pdf if you need psfrag. The reason is fairly simple
and quite final: pdflatex does not involve ghostscript (or any postscript
interpreter) and therefore any postscript tricks don't work, and never will.

If you are typesetting ancient chinese, most likely you should use the
bsmi/bkai fonts (the traditional vairants), rather than gbsn/gkai . Besides
Adobe SourceSan, WQY ( http://wenq.org/wqy2/index.cgi  ) are also quite
extensive.

I tried 119 , 120, 124 from http://ctext.org/mozi/canon-ii . Yes, it is true it
needs one glyph from subfont 38. As you see from
http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?codepoint=3893 , U+3893  is the
old form of U+969C (
http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?codepoint=969C ), so that's the
only change I made  towards the end of line 4 of the group of 6. Attached is
the example input tex file and output from latex then dvipdf , with bsmi. For
most purposes, it probably is alright to make the switch this way from U+3893
to U+969C .

Strangely enough , besides U+969C, many online versions of Mozi uses the
somewhat unrelated U+5EAB (
http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?codepoint=5EAB ) , such as
http://phil.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/project/mobian/canon2/b19.htm , and some also uses
the somewhat related U+7634 . I'd suggest just use U+969C unless you really
want the antique variant.