cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed

From: amigolang
Subject: Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 10:41:19 +0200

Dear Werner,

thank you again for your quick reply!

Before I start to follow your hints, I wish to answer your email.

I would love to be able to read directly and understand the chinese texts and the commentary, Hin-Tak kindly hinted to. But, I am sorry, I don't speak Chinese, Portuguese, Latin, old Greek and Arabic, although all these languages would be valuable in the moment. Being deaf now learning languages is even a bit more difficult for me. But I hope to (re)start learning Portuguese in some time, as my girlfriend is brazilian, so who knows, one day... ;-)))

I admit, I am completely unexperienced concerning the usage of a mailing list. Up to now I got two replies directly from you. But as I see from the comment in your last email, there are others answering me as well. How can I get access to their answers as well?

Although I put quite some effort in getting Cyberbit running, I am a bit relieved, that that not seems to be the right way, as I learned from your and other's comments, that that is not a very nice font.

In my document I use the package mathpazo (Palatino, a serif font) for the main text. So I will try the SourceHan Serif font (CJK variant, wich I already loaded down some two weeks ago; -))) ), following the "new  way" under Linux and the hints under
https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00107.html you kindly hinted to.

I will start now, but it may take some time, as the tasks in the moment are many and the time for the hobbies short... ;-)))

In case of troubleshooting it's good to know, that I will get about 600 subfonts...

Again thanks for your help!

Thorsten

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.