denemo-devel

Re: [Denemo-devel] Creating LilyPond MIDI output (was Re: A possible sch

From: rain
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Creating LilyPond MIDI output (was Re: A possible scheme script)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 15:40:04 -0800

On Sat, 2019-02-02 at 20:17 -0800, rain wrote:
> One thing I am curious about: Is it possible to insert a lilypond
> code snippet " \midi {} " between the two last entries in full
> lilypond view? I.e., so it looks like:
>    >>
>    \midi {}
>        } %End of Movement

Yes,

(d-DirectivePut-movementcontrol-postfix "MIDI" "\\midi {}")
(d-DirectivePut-movementcontrol-override "MIDI"  DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX)
(d-SetSaved #f)

will do that. I think the resultant LilyPond generated MIDI file will
be written to a temp directory, which on Windows is somewhere under
AppData in your home directory (IIRC). It may be better to get the
Playback View open and typeset there (which creates LilyPond-generated
MIDI) and the use Export->MIDI to get it to a file.

Richard

Great info. It was a more pressing matter before you got 'quick lilypond export' working for me again, yet this will still be useful. The export midi may come in real handy. Again, nothing against Denemos' playback (will still be using that), I just need some more subtle tweaks in certain places.
Ultimately, it is more about getting a score produced, and being able to hear the dynamics changes more realistically would help with the writing process.
Many thanks for your help with these matters and I wouldn't be surprised if there is another email to reply too that has more useful tidbits!

~Rain