denemo-devel

[Denemo-devel] Score Layouts appearing unexpectedly (was Re: A possible

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Score Layouts appearing unexpectedly (was Re: A possible scheme script)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 11:48:57 +0000

On Sat, 2019-02-02 at 19:26 -0800, rain wrote:
> This sounds completely bizarre. Denemo only creates Score Layouts
> other
> than the Default Layout when you ask for particular sorts of typeset
>

> Here is the file. When I export the lilypond using 'quick export', I
> am getting the missing instruments because the layout settings. Well,
> hopefully you'll be able to see the same thing. If I close that file,
> and open it back up, the layout is back to normal... So it may be the
> quick export involved in goofing things up on that particular score,
> but I think that even regular export lilypond was also yielding that
> result for me.

What is happening is that you have the preference labelled "Auto Save
Parts" set. This is badly named as it gives the impression it is
similar to Auto Save (which saves the score periodically in case you
get a power cut).
When this is saved the Quick LilyPond export creates score layouts for
each part and saves those too. I've added a warning the first time you
do this, and re-labelled the preference in the Change Preferences
dialog.

Thank you for spotting this and taking the trouble to report it.

Richard