denemo-devel

Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: rain
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 20:17:29 -0800

It occurs to me that this would mean that the
Scheme command line (labelled CLI in the Scheme window) is useless on
those Windows binaries. With the CLI you can test if something like

d-AddHighestDownAugmented5

exists by typing it into CLI and hitting Return - the console output
will then tell you what it evaluates to or throw an error. There is a
help text stored in a Scheme variable named by prefixing "Help-" to the
command name e.g Help-d-New is the Help text for the command d-New.

Yes yes, I just used the CLI successfully for the first time (I gave up trying to use the CLI a while ago after a few unsuccessful tries). It is great for testing line by line arguments to see what works best for a script design. So again, the error was more about my lack of knowledge, which would possibly have been amended by some little passage somewhere in the manual... I have given good consideration to the manual and perhaps re-reading it would yield a few previously over-looked things.

One thing I am curious about: Is it possible to insert a lilypond code snippet " \midi {} " between the two last entries in full lilypond view? I.e., so it looks like:

   \midi {}
       } %End of Movement

Or is that too late in the score to insert lilypond syntax?

Since this is useless on Windows without a specially created
executable, I've changed the behavior of the CLI tool to pop-up a
dialog when used on Windows - this will be available in tomorrow's
executable at the usual place:
http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip

which means you can use it to test the values of Scheme variables and
the signatures of Scheme procedures that Denemo creates.

HTH
By the way, please use the "Reply to All" or "Group Reply" buttons when
replying to a mailing list posting, as others will benefit from the
reply.