discuss-gnu-electric

announce: electric support www pages

From: Tuukka Toivonen
Subject: announce: electric support www pages
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:59:13 +0300 (EEST)

I set up a small WWW page where you can find -- most importantly -- bug
fixes and modifications that add new features to electric-6.04.
The page not pretty but if there is a bug that bothers you, try looking if
you can find a fix from there:
        http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/electric/

The following bug fixes are there:
BUG: Electric may show message "killnodeproto: bad facet" possibly
     corrupting the library.
BUG: VHDL generator generates incorrect code if different width busses
     are connected in a schematics
BUG: electric crashes when copying facets between libraries
BUG: When generating VHDL code, electric may crash
     May happen when there is an unnamed bus
     (if the bus is named, doesn't segfault anymore)
BUG: when loading of a Type1 font fails, electric crashes (only partial
     fix, correct your T1lib configuration rather!)
BUG: When editing a text facet and selecting Edit/Paste, electric
     may crash with segmentation violation. Apparently when there
     is no copied text?

The following new features are available:
- When a bus in the simulator has glitches (many changes near each other)
  the bus values, that are printed, overlap and one can't see what is the
  final value. Fix: print only bus value if it does not overlap the next
  bus value change. (Patch "simobsbus" done, seems to work)
- A bus signals tend to be in wrong order in the simulation window
  (eg. s[0],s[1],s[2], when assigned value 1, it becomes s[0]=0,
  s[1]=0, s[2]=1, which is in wrong order). Implemented new command
  to reverse the signals with "M" key (patch "reverse")

You should first read the readme file
        http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/electric/readme

I'm using all the time the modifications, and they seem to work,
but all this is experimental stuff and you must understand that you use
those patches AT YOUR OWN RISK!

There is also some stuff for Irsim-9.4. Back a while I couldn't find
newer versions, now I found Irsim-9.5. But is there anywhere newer than
that, eg. Irsim-9.5.2? I'll soon update the patches for Irsim-9.5.