discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Beginner's questions about Electric

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Beginner's questions about Electric
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:18:01 -0800

At 11:08 AM 1/9/2009, you wrote:
Hi Steven,
> >Are libraries all writable? I am struggling to stop
> >corrupting one of the reference libraries copied from
> >the web site.
>
> Can you be more specific.  What steps are you taking and
> what is the result?
This was connected with attempts to get a "naked" cell
separate from a library. For example, one sequence is
(using my own library pharosc.delib and technology mocmos2).

File>Open Recent Library>/home/graham/electric/pharosc.delib
View>Make Alternate Layout View>mocmos OK
enter pharosc2 for new library name

The "Make Alternate Layout View" command does not create a new library...it creates a new cell in the current library. This new cell was called "pharosc2" and is still in the "pharosc" library. You then saved the library with two cells in it.

  -Steve