Som problems about the messaging system

From: Bob Wong
Subject: Som problems about the messaging system
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 17:09:53 +0800

Hello everyone,
Now I'm using python embedded module and message system trying to change the
value of a variable. And I use the self.message_port_pub function. But the
function requires the first one to be the output port, and the second one must
be a pmt variable. But when I just do that convert, message pair to var will
give me the error like: warning: Input message X is not a simple pair,
dropping, so how can I send out the simple pair with the python module just
like the QT GUI Toggle do? I search the Internet and get no luck. Also, I also
can't find any document related to the self function. Where can I get the
document related to that? In the attachment is the grc file I made.
Thanks.