Re: EMBA builds failing

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: EMBA builds failing
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:21:35 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Any ideas on the cause of the problem? In the jobs that I saw timeout,
> it was pulling the aforementioned docker image.
>
> But in the pipelines that run to completion, there's usually no
> mention of gitlab-runner-helper at all in the log. Odd, isn't it?

I'm not sure, but it seems to me this gitlab-runner-helper is used to
upload artifacts in case there's a failure. So the timeout happened
*before* that image was pulled.

There must be a reason why the builds time out, maybe because the
machine was too busy doing other things?

Unfortunately GitLab CI does not provide timestamps in their log, cause
that could've helped diagnose, see:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/22745

I have not other ideas to diagnose.

We were planning to move the GitLab CI runner to a separate machine, and
we've requested FSF sysadmins to set it up, but that never got
completed. Ted was following that up, unfortunately I haven't heard from
him for a while.

-- Toon