[emms-help] Re: EMMS 2 release impending

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emms-help] Re: EMMS 2 release impending
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:06:32 -0400

I've made sources for each of the playlist formats that we support,
and also added the ability to save playlists to the m3u and pls
formats.

I've tweaked a few additional aspects of emms-source-playlist.el.

 - emms-source-playlist-formats now includes a list of symbols
   corresponding to the names of supported formats, instead of an
   alist.  See the docstring for details.  The main reason for this
   change is that it seems awkward to have an alist with more than one
   element in the cdr (which was needed to support more than just the
   native unparse method, as well as the "files" method).

 - By default, the user will be prompted for which format to use when
   saving playlists with `emms-playlist-save'.  The default is to use
   the EMMS native format.  If they only want to use one format (and
   skip the prompt), the `emms-source-playlist-default-format' option
   may be set appropriately.

That's the last major change (including the associated documentation
changes) that I want to get into the release.

There's one minor mpd issue that I just discovered today: when trying
to import items from the MusicPD playlist, very long playlists will be
truncated at around the 30th item.  I'll try to get a fix in tonight,
but feel free to release even if I don't, since it's not important
enough to hold up the release.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Muse, Planner, ERC, EMMS