Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 02:19:08 +0500

On Fri, 25 May 2018 16:02:10 -0400
Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Before you do, please change the dependence on the cl package to the
> newer cl-lib (clean namespace), and make sure that emms-mpv-ipc-proc is
> defined before it is referenced.

Oh, right, forgot to check it for warnings after updates, fixed both of
these, thanks.

Second one by adding dummy define for emms-mpv-ipc-proc to keep
defcustoms in the head of the file before any internals for readability
(as I tend to skim code to find tunables myself, not customize via ui).

> Please feel free to merge this into master so that more people can
> hammer on it.

Done.

I did squash all commits of the initial implementation into one, as they
don't seem to be very relevant to overall history, same as it was with
previous implementation.

Indeed, more exposure should hopefully find more interesting uses and
tweaks for many things that mpv offers via its APIs, as well as weed
out bugs faster.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net