erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] ERW/Java install?

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] ERW/Java install?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:18:53 +0900

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 09:48  AM, I wrote:
Seems obvious to me that it's not finding the erw.jar file. I don't know why, however -- I've done nothing to prevent it from working, I think. I did make sure to include "." and the ERtool directory in my CLASSPATH environment variable -- and I can't figure out what's going on beyond that.

Well, it seems that invoking it by hand like so:
java -Dit.unimi.dsi.erw.dtddir=/home/test/ERW/erl/ -jar erw.jar --sql < test.xml
(from the ERtool directory)
works just fine. Guess I'll not be needing that clue, unless someone can explain to me why my CLASSPATH didn't work:
export CLASSPATH=/home/test/ERW/ERtool:.:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/lib

Thanks for your time -- and apologies for (potentially) undesired traffic.

Larry Stanbery, RHCE            address@hidden
Network Manager                 phone: 0985-85-5931
Miyazaki International College  http://www.miyazaki-mic.ac.jp
GPG Key ID: 2CEFA662