erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] ERW/Java install?

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] ERW/Java install?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:01:23 +1000

> Well, it seems that invoking it by hand like so:
> java -Dit.unimi.dsi.erw.dtddir=/home/test/ERW/erl/ -jar erw.jar --sql <
> test.xml
> (from the ERtool directory)
> works just fine.  Guess I'll not be needing that clue, unless someone
> can explain to me why my CLASSPATH didn't work:
> export CLASSPATH=/home/test/ERW/ERtool:.:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/lib
>
> Thanks for your time -- and apologies for (potentially) undesired
> traffic.

Hi,
I have a manually installed j2re1.4.1_01 on Debian and from my observations
the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for ERtool is experienced when java can't
find erw.jar as you noticed.

'ertool' runs ok for me when i have created a link to the erw.jar file in the
java extensions directory. Using your pathing it would be:
ln -s /home/test/ERW/ERtool/erw.jar /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/lib/ext/erw.jar

I haven't needed to use the export CLASSPATH method that you describe above
so can't directly answer that question, but it works ok anyway using this
link technique.

Hope this helps,
- Jason.