Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth & jack (on mac os x)

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth & jack (on mac os x)
Date: 31 May 2003 20:56:10 -0700

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 17:17, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while waiting for what I hope are the last of the core audio concerns to
> get sorted out, I've been trying to get fluidsynth to work with jack (per
> Stephane Letz's advice).  Not sure how to do this however,
>
>  -a, --audio-driver=[label]
>     The audio driver [alsa,jack,oss,dsound,...]
>
> would seem to indicate that
>
>   fluidsynth --audio-driver=jack
>
> would work, but I get
>
> fluidsynth: error: Couldn't find the requested audio driver: (null)
> Failed to create the audio driver
>
> even though I have jackd running.
>
> % ps
> *snip*
>   423  p1  S+     0:00.01 jackd -R -d portaudio
>   424  p1  S+    17:18.40 jackd -R -d portaudio
>
> Anyone have any advice about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

How did you get jack? Did you compile it or get it as a pre-compiled
package? At any rate, what you should do is pass "--enable-jack-support"
to the configure line for FluidSynth. You probably want to disable
coreaudio support then since its currently breaking your build (just put
the fluid_coreaudio.c line in src/Makefile.am, back into EXTRA_DIST, or
just remove it). Perhaps that will get things working then. I'm not sure
how to get the coreaudio libs to link, not even sure the library that
should be linked. Anyone on this list know the answer to that one?
        Josh