[fluid-dev] jack vs. core audio (OS X)

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [fluid-dev] jack vs. core audio (OS X)
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 00:07:43 -0500 (CDT)

%%% Jack part

Thanks for the --enable-jack-support tip...

> How did you get jack? Did you compile it or get it as a pre-compiled
> package?

Precompiled package, www.grame.fr/~letz/jack.html

Note that upon reconfiguring, I got this message and no JACK support in
the summary...

  checking for jack_client_new in -ljack... no
  configure: WARNING:  *** Could not find the required JACK library

I will try to install Jack from source (again) next, hopefully will
do it right (and it will work) this time.

> I'm not sure how to get the coreaudio libs to link, not even sure the
> library that should be linked. Anyone on this list know the answer to
> that one?

%%% Core Audio part

I thought this would be helpful for anyone racking their brains about
the above question:

On 31 May 2003, Josh Green wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 12:11, Joe Corneli wrote:
>

> > Now, upon making, I find a brand new complaint from the linker:
> >
> > ld: Undefined symbols:
> > _AudioDeviceAddIOProc
> > _AudioDeviceGetProperty
> > _AudioDeviceRemoveIOProc
> > _AudioDeviceStart
> > _AudioDeviceStop
> > _AudioHardwareGetProperty
> > make[2]: *** [fluidsynth] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > Hopefully this just means I need to add more to the LIBS=...
> > string in topdir/configure  and run configure and make again.
> >

> Yes, it should be just the matter of linking in the correct library. I
> could take a guess and say it probably looks like libcoreaudio.a. If you
> find such a lib, add this to the configure flags:
> "LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/libcoreaudio -lcoreaudio".

[then Joe says:] I can't find such a file on my computer.  Another guess?