Re: [fluid-dev] no midi on linux

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] no midi on linux
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:16:39 -0700

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 20:08, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:

> > Yeah, don't mess with MidiShare if you are using Linux. Get ALSA working
> > instead. There is lots of info on http://www.alsa-project.org for
> > getting things running. I'm sure you can probably just "apt-get install
> > alsa" on Debian? Once ALSA is doing its thing, then you want to
> > recompile FluidSynth so it knows about ALSA (make sure it does at the
> > end of the ./configure stage).
>
> The debian package is built with alsa support already enabled.

Right, but it appears that its failing on ALSA, not LADCCA.

> fluidsynth: pcm_params.c:2220: snd_pcm_hw_refine: Assertion `pcm &&
> params' failed.

It does seem that it is already built with ALSA support, but is his
debian system actually running ALSA, is what I want to know. If the
current sound driver is ALSA, then its possible its a sound card that is
rather picky about its parameters and the ALSA plug interface is not
being used. Cheers.
        Josh Green