Re: [fluid-dev] mid2wav conversion using fluidsynth, anyone?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] mid2wav conversion using fluidsynth, anyone?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:30:08 -0800

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 05:00, Alex Kloss wrote:
> Hello, there!
>
> I've checked the sources and found AUFILE_SUPPORT, but was yet unable to
> compile fluidsynth with that option set.
>
> I want to use fluidsynth for high quality midi to wav conversion, but
> don't know how to do that.
>
> Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
>
> Alex
> --
> http://www.22-music.com

I'm not sure if that stuff works as it should. I've never done it
myself. It would be really sweet if one could use FluidSynth in a
non-realtime mode, this could make for some neat possibilities of
increasing the quality of the different synthesis processes above what
the CPU might be able to handle. Choose faster algorithms for real time
composition, and record the MIDI events. Then render MIDI events to a
high quality final take :) Well, maybe someday in the future, it
probably wouldn't be that hard to implement, just takes time. Cheers.
        Josh Green