Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid and Swami

From: Edenyard
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid and Swami
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:42:36

   Many thanks for your prompt and helpful response, Josh.

> Hello, Swami uses pkg-config to locate FluidSynth. Its likely that you
> just don't have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable pointing to the prefix
> where FluidSynth got installed. By default FluidSynth installs in
> /usr/local so you would execute this command (put in ~/.bash_profile or
> something to make it permanent):
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

   I hadn't understood about this pkg-config thing, but I rummaged
around in my Slackware system and found it. I also set up the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH in /etc/profile and now I have managed to compile Swami.

   I do now have one other problem: I'd like to haev a go with FluidGUI.
In the README.txt, it says to run 'fluidsynth -i -s' before trying
FluidGUI. When I run 'fluidsynth -i -s' in xterm, I get this:

   fluidsynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the
audio output.
   fluidsynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the
MIDI input.

   At the risk of being a complete pain, please could I ask for some
guidance in fixing this? I can run Fluidsynth with Swami and I get
sound.

   Thanks again,

      Gerald.