[fluid-dev] fluidsynth reading commands from a file

From: Gerrit Niestijl
Subject: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth reading commands from a file
Date: 31 Jan 2004 16:24:15 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to use the tuning capabilities of fluidsynth. I created a
file with the tuning commands with scala, but i don't know how to send
the commands in the file to fluidsynth. When i type or paste the
commands to fluidsynth it works but i would like to use a script to
start fluidsynth with the tuning.

What i have tryed is this:

$ fluidsynth -a alsa ~/gerrit.sf2 < tuning_commands
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541': Connection
refused
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling ladcca
** Using format s16, rw, interleaved
fluidsynth version 1.0.3
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hanappe and others.
FLUID Synth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

Type 'help' to get information on the shell commands.

So the commands are executed but at the end of the file fluidsynth
quits.

Is there a way to do this?

--
gerrit